Thursday, March 6, 2014

As Time Goes By.





As Time Goes By.
pg. 28

IN APRIL MIMI and Etienne were married. Juan Ledesma, the Consul General, walked Mimi down the aisle. Elsa, his wife, was her maid of honor. They had offered their house for the reception. After the champagne and cake, Elsa and her maid-nanny took Mimi into a bedroom, change before your friends leave so all can join in wishing you a good trip, Elsa said.
Mimi and Elsa walked in, the maid closed the bedroom door. Mimi turned around and found herself  facing a stranger. Elsa’s eyes were cold, inquisitive. An air of expectation prevailed in the room. Neither Elsa nor the maid, standing by her mistress, made any attempt to help her. Instead they stood there and watched Mimi’s every move. Mimi pretending not to notice went to the closet to get her clothes to change. The maid helped her to take off her veil, unzipped her bridal gown and quickly stepped back. Mimi in one movement let it fall to the floor. Their mouths dropped. Their eyes opened wide reflecting admiration in spite of’ themselves and disappointment and envy. Had Etienne confided in Juan? What did they know?

Ck out special prices. Also order in your own language.  



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weddings now and then. Why r we still doing this?

Anonymous said...

Marriage is the cause of divorce.

Anonymous said...

Did they marry FOREVER then?

Anonymous said...

If U r planning marriage, get in depth professional advice 1st.

Anonymous said...

I remember my wedding. If I known then what I know now, it never would ha happened.

Anonymous said...

I remember my wedding. If I known then what I know now, it never would ha happened.

Anonymous said...

I remember my wedding. If I known then what I know now, it never would ha happened.

Anonymous said...

Lovely images!