Sunday, April 17, 2011

THE DIET. 2nd installment. FICTION


THE DIET

…we who diet have a never ceasing obligation to those who starve––Robert Kennedy

Sunday, May 25

Managed to lose a pound yesterday! 6 to go!

Focusing on food I notice IT more and more. Smells, colors, shapes. This afternoon on my way to practice French––or will forget what I learned––with my group from Le Cirçle Francais at Señor Pícaro getting off Bart on 16th St, it was the delicious smell of refritos and carnitas from the corner restaurant. The woman sitting on a side fence feeding her baby, her breast the size of a full grown cantaloupe. And the baby’s loud and joyous sucking, sucking,sucking auchhhhhh.

At Señor Pícaro, food, food, food but keeping to my diet had only The Usual, a cup of café au lait, and kept my mouth busy practicing French. Then we all went across town to the Gateway to see the movie Sans loir, sand droit, The Vagabond. My group had thought it was a joli film. Not so, Mona, the girl in the film, was striving all of the time. Always begging for food and at the end not getting any.

I’m exhausted, but do check the answering machine. Larry’s voice, can we patch it up…? I’ll think about it tomorrow. I eat one cookie. A totally empty stomach keeps me awake. These cookies are exactly, 21⁄2“ by 1”.

back w/U nxt sunday

Is her diet any good...Is she going to starve for love also? Will have to wait and see....

1 comment:

camincha said...

THE DIET @ http: //camincha.blogspot.com got comments like Scarlet's, posted couple weeks ago: The letters in the word "diet"can be made into more words such as "tie" , "edit", "id.", and :e.i." The word that can be made from "diet" is "die" which keeps me from dieting. We eat to live.

Camincha answers: Truly worth keeping in mind, Thnkx U Scarlet.