Sunday, May 29, 2011

FICTION. SATIRE. THE DIET's last installment.…


…we who diet have a never ceasing obligation to those who starve––

Robert Kennedy

0 lbs to go. I did it!

It must’ve been all that dancing last night and sticking to The Usual. I’m hungry. The small portions are taking their toll on me. I’m hungry.

But even before I eat, need to write this: Met this fabulous guy, Dan. We danced all night. Talked about our lives. We felt close to one another. I felt like going home with him for passionate love making. I’ve heard is very good for losing weight. But Tessa and I made a pact long ago, we go out together. We go home together. Tonight she is happy for me. I have a dinner date with Dan, tomorrow night.

Will have to be careful with that dinner though. Don’t want to gain all seven pounds back at one sitting. It happens that way to me. Isn’t that something? A dinner date, a problem! Something to worry about. What a mess! Have to plan this dinner. What I’m going to eat. Have to be careful.

But don’t know what restaurant we are going to. Will the servings be very large? I have to be careful.

I don’t believe it. A dinner date a problem? This is depressing……………………*

Problems? How come there r problems? What..........?


Thank U 4 playing with me. Thank U 4 Ur feed back. I'm grateful 4 Ur friendship. Am working on another short story. Soon as I finish it, I'll share it with U.

Title: NOBODY WRITES ABOUT THIS.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much for the innocent dieter. She just awoke to the realization that her world has now changed forever and every event will now be a problem.
Fun story - and so true.

Camincha said...

Anonymous: U hv given us a lot 2 think about. I hd not thought of it that way. I was just having fun. But U r so right. So Cause & Effect now come into the equation. The first thought I hv is to use all I learned in another story. Thnk U! 4 taking the time 2 share.

However, fiction, NOBODY WRITES ABOUT THIS, is ready to b posted in a few weeks. Meantime I'll b sharing, info like my reading June 12. Take a look. And keep Ur comments coming.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what lovely memories I recall from reading your story.
First dates, too much fun to get hungry. And the BEST excercise inthe world, biggest fat burner, is SEX. If only I had hot sex daily, I could eat anything and stay slim!
Don't you all agree?
Bring on the next story, Camincha.
Judy