Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SATIRE. FICTION. THE DIET's #6 Peaches? What's that got................

…we who diet have a never ceasing obligation to those who starve–– Robert Kennedy

Thursday, May 29
3 lbs to go.

Progress! My clothes fit me so much better.
4 tbs bran ½ a banana ¾ cup of milk

I chew slowly, count to 37 with each mouthful.Relationships––come to mind. I’m seriously considering calling Larry today. Maybe today we’ll patch it up.

After housework, I’ll start work on the translation that’s due next week for DEL MONTE Corp. All about peaches.

Around 3 Diane, dropped by. I don’t like her. Came to apologize, to tell me, I did the right thing asking her to move out. This delights me as delights to the palate. My mind strays to food when under stress.

Offered Diane a cup of, tea? Gingerly. Not as in ginger cookies. But as in nervously, for I never know what kind of diet she is on. Sometimes Diane’ll eat all kinds of impure things while swearing loyalty to bean sprouts and soy milk.

Diane declined. I’ve been invited to dinner next door, I better get going.

I made myself a café au lait with Sweet and Low. And got back to my peaches.

What's peaches got to do with anything? R they fattening? Am only writing about them........

C U nxt Sun


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, peaches is the name of my cat! We all love cats, no?
I love this story, c.....so fun as we have all been through it. Life does not stop for us whether we are dieting, getting married, having babies, or sending one off to college. We still have to do the daily grind - and mine is teaching...sometimes I yell out to no one that I have some critical stuff going on, and can't we just wait a sec? not really. cindybiggsweiss